• Newest Album, "Folk Worn Prose," reached #7 on the Folk Radio Charts. This resulted in a #4 Artist ranking, and the #3 song, "I Am Undone." In addition, the album also received play on XM radio and was reviewed in several blogs and international publications.
• Toured British Columbia as part of Trisha Gagnon's band that included world renowned musicians, John Reischman and Jim Nunally. The tour was in support of the release of Trisha's debut album "A Story About You And Me" that featured Shaun's singing, as well as the participation of such music icons as Vince Gill, Peter Rowan, Tony Furtado, et.al.
• Chosen as one of two acts from the United States to perform in Halifax, Nova Scotia at the 2010 In The Dead Of Winter Music Festival
• Opened for both David Lindley and John Hammond Jr on a double bill at Brixton South Bay
• Chosen as the Region West finalist in the 2009 Mountain Stage Newsong Contest, Shaun competed at the Cultural Center Theater in Charleston,West Virginia, home of The Mountain Stage
• Chosen as one of 5 finalists in the 2009 Dave Carter Memorial Songwriting Contest at the Sisters Folk Festival in Sisters Oregon
• Chosen as a mainstage performer at the 2009 and 2010 Tucson Folk Festival in Tucson, Arizona. Performed before headliners Cathy Fink/Marcy Marxer, Todd Snider, and Chris Hillman/Herb Pedersen.
• Chosen as one of 6 finalists in the 2009 Acoustic Blues Competition at the Telluride Blues Festival in Telluride, CO
• Awarded an honorable mention in the 2009 West Coast Songwriters International Song Contest
• Chosen as a finalist in the 61st Original Ozark Folk Festival's Songwriting Contest. Performed in front of a
panel of judges and anenthusiastic audience along with four other finalists at the "Aud" in beautiful and
charming Eureka Springs, Arkansas.
• Selected for a Premiere Showcase at the 2008 and 2009 Folk Alliance Region-West annual conferences, Shaun
performed for Folk venue representatives, Folk Radio DJs, and others in the Western States’ Folk community.
• Winner of the 2008 Group Therapy Song Writing Contest, Shaun’s song “The Gristmill” was chosen by a
group of songwriters in Los Angeles. This began a co-writing relationship with guest judge, Randy Sharp.
Randy’s songs have been recorded by the likes of: Emmylou Harris, Linda Ronstadt, Dolly Parton,
Reba McEntire, Peter Paul and Mary, et al.
Shaun Cromwell has the unmistakable sound of someone who has put in the time and the heart, someone who has truly got inside the music.
- Peter Mulvey: Singer-Songwriter
At the 2008 Folk Alliance Region West Conference, I overheard someone say... "Who needs three guitarists when you've got Shaun Cromwell". And oh that voice! Metaphorically speaking... if there is an original first seed from which Roots Music blossomed, it currently resides in the heart, mind, soul, fingers and voice of the rhythmically intuitive world of Shaun Cromwell. To watch and hear him play is to view a Medium absorbed in the trance of conjuring the melodic essence of Mississipi John Hurt, Ry Cooder and Taj Mahal to name a few. Cromwell delivers music with the Titan passion Prometheus reserved for fire!
-Henry Hallett: Host 'Simple Folk' KXCI 91.3 FM, Tucson
Shaun Cromwell's soul is based in the roots of the blues and the dawn of Americana. His masterful guitar playing demonstrates his ability and his original music confirms his devotion to the medium. I love this guy.
- Betsi Meissner (Amazing Grace): 'Acoustic Alternative' KXCI 91.3 FM, Tucson
"The Turning Of Clocks" Album Description:
Recorded with one microphone, a beat-up guitar and many short sessions over a period of several months,
Shaun Cromwell’s first release entitled “The Turning Of Clocks” is a meditation on death and impermanence.
A quote from the album’s liner notes explains, in one broad stroke, the album’s concept.
“…a person who is mindful of death and impermanence progresses steadily and makes the most of every
While this might seem a fairly pedantic approach, Shaun sees the contemplation of life’s finite nature as
In fact, each of the 11 tracks on the album is decidedly uplifting; Shaun’s deftly unique approach to